Upstate South Carolina
The region’s mild climate means the great outdoors can be enjoyed year-round. The Anderson Sports & Entertainment Center features softball, baseball and soccer fields, tennis courts, nature trails and picnic areas. The civic center and amphitheater welcome special events plus concerts from some of the biggest names in music. Nearby Lake Hartwell, with its 962 miles of shoreline, is the ideal place for boating, water skiing, hiking, camping and picnicking.
You can also explore:
- Several state parks, including Saddlers Creek, Calhoun Falls and Paris Mountain
- Cherokee Foothills Scenic Highway, a 130-mile road that winds through the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains near Anderson SC
- Anderson Area YMCA, with a wellness center located less than 5 minutes from The Calhoun
- South Carolina Botanical Garden, with 295 acres of woodlands, streams, ponds and trails
- Chattooga River, which runs through the Sumter National Forest in South Carolina
- Clemson University, with their new Advanced Materials Research Lab just 15 minutes from The Calhoun.
- Carolina Wren Park, only three blocks away. Includes amphitheater, splash pad, and ice skating rink in the Winter.
- Anmed Medical Center, one of the largest employers in the County.
- Anderson Mall, home to many of the top clothing retailers and only 3 miles away.