The Calhoun was built in 1925 and originally named the John C. Calhoun Hotel. It was designed by architects James J. Baldwin and James H. Casey and built by the Fiske-Carter Construction Company, one of the largest contractors in the state in the 1920s.
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, The Calhoun has been meticulously restored to its original splendor, retaining its classic styling while being updated with all the modern amenities today’s renters expect.
At The Calhoun luxury downtown condos and apartments, you will enjoy features such as:
- Private, gated parking
- Secure building access
- Fully restored 4,000+ square foot lobby for residents’ use and entertaining
- Secure wireless Internet throughout lobby
- High-speed elevators
- Fully equipped fitness room – 24 hour
- Private storage available
- Hair Salon – W.M Hair Design (specializing in women and men haircuts and styles)
Fun Fact! Our Lobby was used in the filming of Leather Heads, a 2008 film starring George Clooney, Renee Zellweger and John Krasinski.